Monday, January 10, 2011

Preparing for the Journey

Ever since Carole and I met with Terry Terry and Ian Busch at Message Makers just before Christmas, it seems like our whole life has been devoted to my sabbatical. So much for Sabbath, day of rest, being the root word for sabbatical!

Terry, the Zen guide of Message Makers according to his assistant Linda Burnham, convinced me that I should shoot the interviews for my sabbatical research in high definition digital video to make them worth my time. Since then, we have tried to figure out what high def digital is, what kind of equipment to buy, where to acquire it, and now, how to use it. While doing that, we are working on travel and interview details and learning how to speak Spanish.

We have so many people to thank already. Terry, Linda, and Ian have been invaluable! By the way, Message Makers is an inadequately recognized jewel in mid Michigan. Our brilliant daughter, Lisa, taught us how to use two new computers we needed for the trip and how to do the preliminary video documentation and editing required to survive on the road.

I don't remember our road trips in the 80's and 90's being this hectic. We're having a ball, but I don't think either of us thought this sabbatical would keep us so busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment